The Technology Consultant must be able to lead client relationships as well as technical teams, with a deep understanding of the marketing technology landscape, the Data Architecture to support it and how to integrate various marketing and other backend systems that comprise the clients Digital Marketing Infrastructure. This will be achieved by providing thought leadership, consultative guidance to both our clients, and the broader Acceleration team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for digital marketing and extensive direct experience within the marketing technology landscape.
As an important member of the Acceleration team, you will work directly with clients as well as other team members to deliver solutions to unique business problems by leveraging your experience and knowledge.
The Technology Consultant must possess keen business consulting skills based on industry experience and will be responsible for assisting clients in defining solutions for their online marketing initiatives. In addition, they will develop relationships with required clients within the client environment and be part of an Acceleration client facing team that consists of Business Directors, Business Consultants and Project Managers.
The Technology Consultant will also take an active role in creating best practices and methodologies, supporting business development efforts and acting as a thought leader within the organization and in the industry.
The ideal candidate would have a background technical application across multiple disciplines including application development, web development, mobile and databases. This experience should also ideally include on premise as well as cloud based applications.
- Engage with existing clients to deliver strategic solutions
- Technical Lead on client engagements from scoping the new engagement, to creating the solution and solution design documentation
- Lead a team of junior to mid-level Technical Consultants by providing guidance and mentorship
- Support the Acceleration Team with technical solution recommendations as well as operational delivery of solutions
- Be process driven and provide technical innovation, most notably in the handover of technical solutions to the campaign services team, which will likely require the creation of new documents, templates, client briefs and processes.
- Engage with Technical Architects, Implementation Consultants, Business Directors and Project Managers and work with clients on the following type of engagements:
Solution Design and Architecture (Medium and High Complexity)
Data and Technology Governance
Data Framework Development
Data mapping and integration strategies
Relational Data / Data Schema
Active mentoring and knowledge where relevant
- Support Acceleration business development efforts by providing market insights and analysis
- Lead multiple projects and identify additional business opportunities
- Ensure the highest levels of satisfaction by delivering outstanding service, valuable insights and recommendations to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be a leader
- Team player
- Marketing technology experience (including marketing production, content management, planning, implementation, various channel use – e.g. email, web, mobile etc., CRM, Audience Management and Analytics) in preferably some of the popular technology stacks including Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, IBM, Marketo etc.
- Specific experience within the Salesforce marketing cloud (ExactTarget) and related data structures in Microsoft SQL or ExactTarget Data Extensions
- Experience with data integration, with technologies such as Dell and Boomi
- Strong organizational skills
- Digital Marketing background in multiple disciplines including different channels (e.g. email, direct mail, display, social etc.) as well as related activities including CRM, segmentation etc.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and customer schedules with minimal oversight
- Ability to lead and effectively manage technical discussions
- API Programming experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Familiarity with Agile development environments
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (computer science, computer technology, information systems or similar degree preferred)
Please ensure that you are in possession of the requisite documentation to legally work within the country where this position is based. Should you not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.