Last Revision: 17 August 2016
The personal information we collect about you
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use our Website. Our Website only collects personal information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors. The information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to, your name, surname, the name of your company, telephone number and email.
How we may store and use your information?
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes: to make our Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes; to provide you with services that you request; and subject to any preference you may have indicated to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about products and services which we think may interest you. You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications generated in response to your provision of personal information via our Website by sending an email to email@example.com.
If a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Your personal information may also be used to protect our rights or property and that of our users and, where appropriate, to comply with legal process.
Disclosure and International Transfer of your data
We may provide your personal information to other entities within the Acceleration group of companies and our service providers in order to provide you with services, information that could be of interest to you and conduct market or other research. These disclosures may involve the transfer of personal information to countries or regions without data protection rules similar to those in effect in your area of residence. By providing information through this Website, you consent to such transfers and to the processing of your personal information by these third parties.
Personal information may also be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies, or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
Types of Cookies. Our website uses different types of cookies:
- Necessary Cookies. Some of the cookies we use are necessary to enable you to move around the Website and use its features such as accessing secure areas that may contain content for registered users.
- Functional Cookies. We also use functional cookies to record information about the choices you have made and to allow us to tailor the site to our users; for example, to remember your language or region or that you have already completed a survey. This information is usually anonymised and is not used for any other purpose.
- Targeting Cookies. Our Website does NOT use Targeting Cookies to deliver targeted advertising to Website visitors.
- Browser Add-on. If you don’t want Google Analytics cookies to be used in your browser, you can opt-out by installing the Google Analytics browser add-on from https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en-GB.
- Browser Settings. You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. Most browsers will allow you to see what cookies you have and delete them on an individual basis or block cookies from particular or all websites. Be aware that any preference you have set will be lost if you delete all cookies, including your preference to opt-out from cookies as this itself requires an opt-out cookie to have been set. For more information on how to modify your browser settings to block or filter cookies, see http://www.aboutcookies.org/ or http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies or making corrections.
Third party sites
Children’s privacy protection
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. This Website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
Get in touch with us
We are Acceleration (Pty) Ltd, a company registered in South Africa. Our offices are at 11 Shelley Road, Salt River, Cape Town, 7925, South Africa.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please email us at email@example.com.